[mythtv-users] moving mythbox onto different network? computer says nooooo...

Christopher Friend christopher_friend at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 4 11:03:46 UTC 2006

could anything else go wrong? i just typed out this whole email, loocked
away, pressed a button, locked back and the message box was blank :'o(
grrrrrrrrrr

right.

yast > net devicess > net card > edit

static address setup.
ip address: 192.168.0.3
sub: 255.255.255.9

>host name and nameserver

hostname: trefpc2csf3
domain name: MSHOME (same as xp)

name server 1: lalala1
2: lalala2

but work the same with "update name servers... dhcp..." checked.

>routing

default gateway: 192.168.0.1

/etc/hosts:

127.0.0.1     localhost

::1      localhost  ipv6-localhost ipv6-loopback

then a load of stuff starting "ff..." about ipv6

192.168.0.3    trefpc2csf3.MSHOME  trefpc2csf3

mytht-setup:

ip address for trefpc2csf3: localhost
master server ip address: 192.168.0.3

and with that, i get about a third of the websites i visit saying
"connection to server was reset...", the other third refuse to load, and the
other third work fine. ftp works. instant messangers dont. proxy is set to
"direct connection to net". ping 192.168.0.1 works fine.

http://localhost/mythweb says:
Error at ....mythbackend.php line 109: fsocksopen() unable to connect to
192.168.0.3:6543

mythfrontend is using the correct skin (myth center) but recordings etc say
"could not connect to master backend... is it running..". hang on. it's
not... right, now mythweb is saying:

fatal error at mythbackend.php line 166:
unexpected response to MYTH_PROTO_VERSION... 26.

details are along the lines of "trigger_error", the previous myth proto
error and a couple of lines stating the 192.168.0.3 ip and the port 6543.
frontend acts the same... ish... without the error, it's just giving me a
"select group filter" for recordings. default: 10 items. live: 1. obviously
it can see my recordings and the database.but wont let me see them whatever
i choose. nuvexport works fine though.

and i've not even bothered trying to retune channels again.

on a lighter note, anyone recommend a decent, cheapish (~£45, $90) adsl
router?

Christopher