[mythtv-users] 0.19 - "Unable to find mixer..."

Anduin Withers awithers at anduin.com
Tue Apr 4 06:48:57 UTC 2006

> 2006-04-04 02:21:15.132 mixer unable to find control Master 1
>
> I'm using mixed-analog from the nforce2 audio page in the wiki. Sound
> works. Volume controls work. I can watch my master move up and down in
> alsamixer as I manipulate them in myth. Why is it spewing this error
> message?

If you tell ALSA output to set the initial volume it always assumes a
"Master" and "PCM" control exist and sets those values with no regard for
the actual mixer control volume is tied to.

As you've noticed this doesn't stop it from working, it just causes an
annoying message in the logs.

--
Anduin Withers