[mythtv-users] I've finished my serial port IR receiver!

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Apr 4 03:39:13 UTC 2006

On Apr 3, 2006, at 9:22 PM, Sasha Z wrote:

>> An old boss of mine at WWOR *insisted* that we use only black ties,
>> because they held up better under UV. Of what possible consequence
>> that might be in an inside room with no windows I never did figure
>> out.
>>

> Boy, you guys are a tough crowd. This is the smallest circuit board
> I've ever printed! The IR filter cap fits perfectly, it's wonderfully
> slick looking, and you complain about the color scheme. *sigh*
>
> Well, to appease you interior designers... I switched it out for a
> black ziptie, and I sharpied the board black. Pleased? :p
>
> http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e360/kleptophobiac/Electronics/
> finished-black.jpg

Looks great, interesting use of the Microdrive, for scale I presume.
Is that a Mac logo on the Hitachi drive ?

People are interesting in what they consider important. Any time I
try and show off my Myth system folks seem to flip over PiP, a
feature I consider of very little value, and certainly nothing
innovative. They completely ignore commercial deletion, automatic
record, program guide search and all of the features that I really
consider useful.

Jim Morrison said it, People are Strange.