[mythtv-users] Semi-OT: DVB in USA?

Todd nospam at tippyturtle.com
Mon Apr 3 23:16:31 UTC 2006

In the US, you will not see DVB-T OTA.  In the US, I am using an ATSC tuner
to capture digital HDTV OTA.  See:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATSC
I am using an Air2PC from here:
http://www.cyberestore.com/product_info.php?cPath=28&products_id=103
It also decodes QAM16/64/256 so it will render unencrypted Cable TV; DVB-C.

You will see DVB-S, but mainly encrypted on small dishes.  For instance,
Dish network:
http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/dish110.html
...You can see all the satellites, what band they are, what channels they
have and if they are encrypted using this site.

To see what OTA HD (ATSC) you have in your area, check:
http://www.checkhd.com/

...ironically, I don't have any HD TV's in the house, I down convert
everything (using myth) to watch TV.  I just wanted another tuner with
perfectly clear (or nothing at all) reception.

Todd