[mythtv-users] My HDTV woes

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Apr 3 21:56:07 UTC 2006

On Apr 3, 2006, at 3:09 PM, Isaac Richards wrote:

> On Monday 03 April 2006 16:34, Brian Wood wrote:
>> On Apr 3, 2006, at 2:25 PM, Steven Adeff wrote:
>>> I still don't see why people think bulb replacement is such an issue
>>> with projectors. It's a small price to pay to "go big".
>>
>> More an annoyance than anything else I guess. That and worrying that
>> a particular lamp will become unavailable.
>
> Just buy an extra bulb for the projector before you actually need
> it. =)  I've
> had an extra bulb for my projector sitting here unused for 6 or 7
> months now.

That would be the best way to go, in fact I've seen several units
with built-in storage for a spare.

Guess I'll stick with my 32" LCD though, I really don't have the room
for a projector. They sure have come a long way from the Advent
Projector (circa 1973) and the Aqua-Stars and the G.E. Telarians I
used to play with long ago.