[mythtv-users] Frontend exits to login screen

Captain Krypto captainkrypto at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 21:26:07 UTC 2006

I was looking into using mythwelcome as suggested.  This is a frontend only
machine, and is not responsible for any recording...  would mythfrontend be
overkill?  It seems that it is more geared toward frontend/backend boxes and
slave backends.  I'm guessing a basic setup that can just start and stop the
frontend would do the job.  I'll mess around with it when I get home.

The Frond End loading script mentioned in the wiki doesn't work for me in
the current situation.  The problem is that when mythfrontend goes down,
mythtv user gets logged out.  Thus mythfrontend can't be launched because
the widow manager has died as well....  I've had this problem since I've
been using mythtv (~ 2 yrs.).  I've searched around and can't find any
references to this problem, so I'm curious if I am not using the correct
search terms, or if it something specific to my setup....  my mythtv system
very stable, so I'm just cleaning up some of the annoying little problems
like the on mentioned above.

Thanks,
Dave