[mythtv-users] pvr250 firmware issue?

Francesco Peeters francesco at fampeeters.com
Mon Apr 3 20:50:54 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I have installed Myth (KnoppMyth) on a Via Epia, with a PVR250 board.

When it boots, the log complains that it cannot open the firmware:
ivtv0: ivtv cannot open the firmware v4l-cx2341x-enc.gw

The firmware *is* present at /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware *and*
/lib/modules (soft link), but the error remains...

I used the latest KnoppMyth (with 0.19) and did an auto install.

I have found this error on the web several times, but was unable to find
a defined solution.

Any help would be appreciated!

--
Francesco Peeters
   Via Epia V8000 - 256 MB RAM - 160 GB Maxtor - PVR-250