[mythtv-users] How to get X11VNC to run at reboot??

Robin Hill myth at robinhill.me.uk
Mon Apr 3 20:39:13 UTC 2006

On Mon Apr 03, 2006 at 04:21:29PM -0400, A JM wrote:

> I think VNC can be installed when installing FC which I believe I did.
>
> I can check the services that are running by opening the GUI and I can see
> that VNC is an item than can be ran as a service or "checked". Why is
> wouldn't that also cause it to run at start-up?

I think checking it to start as a service will just enable it in inetd.
This means it'll be started automatically when a user attempt to
connect, but will not persist after disconnection (which seems to be
what you're getting).  Loading it via the xorg module will mean the same
VNC session will be persisted as long as X is running.

HTH,
        Robin

--
     ___