[mythtv-users] Frontend exits to login screen

Captain Krypto captainkrypto at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 19:09:27 UTC 2006

Hello all,

I am running Mythtv on Fedora 4 using gdm to auto-login.  I followed the
instructions described in the MythTv Wiki (
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Frontend_Auto_Login) using Option 1.
My system starts up great, logs in and starts Mythfrontend.  The problem is
that if I manually exit the frontend, kill the frontend from a remote
terminal, or the frontend crashes, it reverts back to the gdm login
screen.   I would like to be able to use my remote to restart the frontend
or have a script that automaticall restarts it if it crashes, but obviously
I get thwarted by the fact that I have to login again.  I have searched the
list and haven't seen anyone with the same problem.  I've had this problem
with the last few fresh installs I've done...  anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Dave