[mythtv-users] using WinTV PVR-350 to play AM/FM radio? (slightly OT)

Jeff Simpson jeffsimpson at alum.wpi.edu
Mon Apr 3 18:33:38 UTC 2006

here's a site that lists public radio schedules, looks like a LOT of
stations:

http://www.publicradiofan.com/cgi-bin/whatson.pl?when=nowlookahead&lookahead=200&format=grid

But to tell you the truth, I think the hardest and most important part will
be integrating the recording and scheduling into myth. Things that will have
to be handled:

Adding the radio as a separate tuner would easily give you the ability to
add channels and a separate channel-changing script
However, it would get more complicated, since the radio and TV tuner can't
be used at the same time, you'd need a way to handle conflicts (somehow link
the radio tuner to a TV tuner?)
How to actually record and store the recordings. Will it record directly to
mp3, or does it need to be piped through an encoder. Can we store it in the
same recordings database myth uses, or is it best to keep them separate?

Sounds like it could potentially be a major change to myth.