[mythtv-users] Daylight Savings Time

Graham Wood mythtv-users at spam.dragonhold.org
Mon Apr 3 13:53:53 UTC 2006

On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 06:36:02AM -0700, Romain Kang wrote:
> Though it's not really a Myth issue, I have a point of caution
> nvram-wakeup to share.
>
> The RTC on my computer which drives the wakeup appears to be set
> to local time rather than GMT.  I noticed that it wasn't turned a
> few minutes before a show, so I turned it on manually.  I also had
> to go through an extra reboot cycle to get the RTC correctly updated
> and get Myth to set the next wakeup time.
>
> Romain
Do you dual boot the machine?

Windows (in my experience) sets the clock to local time, which is why
when you install linux (debian at least) you get asked whether the
hardware clock is set to GMT.

If you're /only/ using linux on the machine, then set the RTC to
GMT/UTC, and then tell it - otherwise this is a problem you're going to
experience :(

Graham