[mythtv-users] My HDTV woes

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Mon Apr 3 13:28:34 UTC 2006

Steven Adeff wrote:
>> 2.) The rate of MythTV successfully tuning any given HDTV channel through
>> my AverTV HD A180 DVB card in LiveTV is relatively poor. I had to move
>> this card to the second card in my mythtv-setup so my family could watch
>> LiveTV reliably on my PVR 350. This had the side effect of improving the
>> HDTV LiveTV success rate a bit, oddly enough. For some reason Myth has
>> an easier time tuning the card from the 'Y' button rather than entering
>> LiveTV directly, but it still fails now and then. I'm pretty sure this
>> is just a problem with MythTV and ATSC cards in general, and I suspect
>> you'll have this problem no matter how huge your CPU until the code gets
>> fixed.
>>

> Are you using OTA or QAM with your A180? I've got two running
> alongside an HD3000 in QAM and PVR-150 and have had no tuning issues
> with any of the cards.

QAM. mplayer and azap tune fine. It takes a little while, but it works.
Myth doesn't. I haven't
had time to check the backend logs for a rhyme or reason yet, but that's
the next step.

Do you use LiveTV? I haven't had any problems with actual recordings
yet, but I've only
recorded a few shows on that tuner due to the limited channel selection
in my area.

--
Jesse Guardiani
Programmer/Sys Admin