[mythtv-users] Audio not working with regular TV-Card

Mlists mlists at dressler.ca
Mon Apr 3 12:25:35 UTC 2006

I have a Wintv-to-go card that I had working with Myth serveral months
ago but stopped using Myth until it stabilized.  It seems to have
stabalized quite a bit and I'm quite happy with how it works on DVB.

I have two back-ends, the master back-end has the DVB card.  The second
backend has the wintv-to-go card and runs the frontend.  I've got all
the channels scanned, DataDirect setup properly for cable, but when I
select a cable channel it doesn't give me any sound.

I can manually get sound by going into alsamixer and turning up line-in
but then it doesn't turn if off again when I switch to satellite.

In the v4l card settings, I have set the sound card to /dev/dsp, I have
tried both settings of Myth controlling or not controlling the sound.
I'm not certain of the other sound settings though -- can anyone give me
some insight to this?

Thanks
Norm