[mythtv-users] Fast-forwarding breaks in 0.18.1

Tim Carr xaphod at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 06:18:38 UTC 2006

Hey all,

I'm running MythTV 0.18.1... the backend is on my HP NetServer with a pcHDTV
2000 card using the DVB driver, working great. The frontend is running on my
desktop hooked up to my PC. Both are running Debian stable (sarge).

Everything's fine until I try fast-forwarding. Then within 30 seconds or so
it
starts skipping... sometimes badly (once every three seconds), sometimes
only
once every 30 seconds. Still it's really annoying.

The fix is to never fast-forward... then it never skips. But this is soooo
annoying.

I could try upgrading to 0.19 or 0.19.1, but it's a helluva hassle (Debian
packages are no longer maintained last time i checked, building from source
is
hard and takes ages, and i bet the database schema has changed?)... so
unless
someone knows for SURE that a new build will fix this, i'd rather
troubleshoot
this build -- is there some setting i can change?

thanks for any help

tim