[mythtv-users] File System Recommendation?

John Pierce john.j35 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 05:34:52 UTC 2006

On an Athlon XP 2600 with 1GB of RAM and ext3fs I would see about a 2
second delay at the command prompt between the rm movie.mpg and a
return of the usable prompt.  I converted the movie folder to xfs and
deleting a movie of the same size now seems to return the prompt
immediately.  Knock on wood, I have been using the xfs on my three
movie partitions for about 3 months now and have had no problems (even
after spontaneous reboots while configuring a new PVR500 MCE) or
corrupted data.  I still have my /home, /usr, /var, and / partitions
on ext3fs partitions.

John
--
Registered Linux User 263680, get counted at
http://counter.li.org