[mythtv-users] Introducing TapeWorm, a parasitic MythTV front end for Windows

David Woods david at spurgeonwoods.com
Mon Apr 3 03:01:03 UTC 2006

> > TapeWorm 1.0, Beta 1 is now available at
> > http://david.spurgeonwoods.com/tapeworm.  I would greatly
> > appreciate feedback from the members of this list about TapeWorm, about
> the
> > configuration instructions (as I am not yet fluent in Linux,) about
> whether
> > you find TapeWorm to be a worthwhile development effort, and about what
> the
> > most important future development priorities might be.
>
> Cool. It's certainly easier that WinMyth that I too have never been
> able to get working.
>
> My feedback:
>
> 1) It would be nice to choose which media player to play the
> recordings with. With Windows Media Player I noticed that you can't
> fast fwd which is a pain. I don't know whether that would be the same
> with other players such as VLC, but I'd like to try.
>
> 2) It would be really good to be able to change the display order by
> clicking on the column headings. That would let me home in on the most
> recent recordings. At the moment that seems to have no effect.
>
> 3) I really like the simplicity of it and the way the recordings start
> playing back almost immediately. As I already had sambe set up on my
> MythTV backend it was easy peasy getting Tapeworm up and running.

Phil,

Thanks very much for the feedback.

I've now made media player configurable.  You can specify the command line
to your media player, and can also specify optional parameters if desired.

I've also added column sorting.  It was on my ToDo list, but I hadn't
figured it out yet.

I should have a new release available soon.

David