[mythtv-users] Error burning DVD-R image (using mythburn)

Dean Wilson dean.k.wilson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 02:02:11 UTC 2006

Hey!  So I've gotten much closer to getting mythburn to work.  But I
need a little help here.  After preparing the shows, mythburn attempts
to burn the DVD, but dies with the following error:

Burning DVD-R image
Sent UDP/XML packet to IP 255.255.255.255 and port: 6948
Executing 'mkisofs -dvd-video -V MythTV BurnDVD
/media/MythBurn/temp/DVD | builtin_dd of=/dev/dvd obs=32k seek=0'
INFO:   UTF-8 character encoding detected by locale settings.
        Assuming UTF-8 encoded filenames on source filesystem,
        use -input-charset to override.
:-( unable to PREVENT MEDIA REMOVAL: Operation not permitted
MythTV BurnDVD stopped due to error

Questions:

1) Has anyone else had the 'unable to PREVENT MEDIA REMOVAL' error before?
2) When I tried to run it manually, I realized that I don't have
'builtin_dd', nor do I know where to get it.  Does anyone else know?

Thanks!