[mythtv-users] Best Theme for HD

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Apr 2 21:47:49 UTC 2006

On 04/02/2006 05:26 PM, Brian C. huffman wrote:
> I've been trying to find the best theme for HD aspect TVs (16:9) and I'm
> curious what everyone else is using.  I initially switched from the Blue
> Theme when I got this set and saw how the "circles" were distorted.  I
> liked the "Minimalist Wide" theme, but it doesn't seem to be under a lot
> of development.
>
> What is everyone else using?

Robert Tsai did some excellent work on removing 4:3 assumptions in
several places from themes.  With his patches in place, Minimalist-wide
looks good--even in several places where it looked unfinished (MythVideo
and some of the other plugins).  Also, he made MythCenter-wide.  His
patches and MythCenter-wide are now in SVN.

And, there's ProjectGrayhem-wide at http://www.juski.co.uk/ . Also, you
might want to check out the LXM themes (although I don't know if anyone
will pick up maintenance of them) at
http://jmeyer.us/index.php?option=com_docman&Itemid=26 .

Mike