[mythtv-users] giving back...

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Apr 2 21:34:34 UTC 2006

On 04/02/2006 04:55 PM, brian boyle wrote:
> Hey thats great!!!
>
> It is way better. Thanks alot!!

Passing on your thanks to John P. Poet...  Knowing I couldn't figure it
out myself, I just sent John an e-mail and asked for his.  He's one of
the Myth magicians when it comes to modelines.

> Question, were do you put the DisplaySize information.

Inside 'Section "Monitor"'.  I.e. just above the Modeline works well.
And, while you're at it, you can delete the Modelines for "960x540p",
"in540p", "1920x1080i", "in1080i" since you don't specify them as
available modes in your Screen section.  And, why would you allow them
when you can do 1080p output and have Myth scale images for you?  IMHO,
the ATI Xilleon does a poor job of scaling compared to the Myth box.

> ... and here i was thinking i helping....

You were.  Now the modeline is in the archives.  :)

Mike