[mythtv-users] Lost channel icons and names...

Roland Roberts roland at astrofoto.org
Sun Apr 2 21:31:10 UTC 2006

>>>>> "mtb" == Michael T Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> writes:

    mtb> On 04/01/2006 10:36 PM, Roland Roberts wrote:
    >> Somewhere in the upgrade process and my floundering about trying to find
    >> the problem with an inability to connect to the tuners, I managed to
    >> lose all my channel icons and names both in mythfrontend and in mythweb.
    >>
    >> I've run the mkiconmap.pl script, followed by the mythfilldatabase
    >> script to load them but they still do not appear in either mythfrontend
    >> or mythweb.

    mtb> Don't know for sure.  Another user said he couldn't get the
    mtb> mkiconmap.pl stuff to work, so I went ahead and tested it on
    mtb> mine and it worked without issue (using the instructions at
    mtb> http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-9.html#ss9.5 ).

    [...]

For some reason, it would not actually *update* the icon column in the
channel table.  I took the somewhat extreme approach of deleting the
contents of the table then running mythfilldatabase and it pulled in the
channel info and icons from my lineup.

All the other things, e.g., permissions and so forth, were fine.  It all
appeared to be working fine, it pulled down the icons, etc., but it
didn't update the database.  No idea why....

roland
--
                       PGP Key ID: 66 BC 3B CD
roland at rlenter.com                            6818 Madeline Court