[mythtv-users] Very, very large recordings, can they have stuttery issues?

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Sun Apr 2 08:52:36 UTC 2006

Hi there,

I recorded todays Formula One GP and watched it using the mythbox and
noticed that now and again the video and audio would become stuttery
and out of sync, as I skipped through the ads.  I was able to resolve
this by saving the position and exiting and then restarting playback,
however, sometimes, the frontend would lock up for a couple of seconds
before it would exit.

I thought this might be an issue with 0.19 as I have only just
upgraded this weekend, however, I have tried to reproduce the issue
with some movies I have recorded since the upgrade to 0.19 and I
cannot.  Therefore, I wonder if the difference is the fact that the F1
was about a 25Gig (7.5 hours) recording.

Has anybody else had any similar issues in 0.19 (and yes I have
researched on the mailing lists etc) or have an opinion on whether
this is a problem with the large recording?

FTR, my box is as follows:
- FE/BE combo
Ubuntu 5.10
0.19 from TheHunter
Sempron 2400 with 758MB RAM
Single 250 Gig disk
3XDVB-T cards, only one recording today though.

My Xbox (Xebian) FE also showed the same issues with the F1 recording.

Any feedback appreciated,
Whytey