[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.19, FC4, some channel have sound on one side only

Roland Roberts roland at astrofoto.org
Sun Apr 2 02:28:13 UTC 2006

This first came up some time back and the claim then was that it was an
alsa problem solved in alsa 1.0.10.  Well, I'm up-to-date with FC4 and
alsa is at 1.0.10 and I have no change in behavior.  *Some* channels
have sound on only one side.  In fact, only my PBS stations have sound
on both the left and right channel.

I can live with this if it's an issue of stereo vs mono broadcast, but
it would be nice if it would get recorded as mono to both channels or if
playback would just duplicate the output to both.

Same thing happens with live TV and with recordings.

Anyone know of a way to make this happen?

roland
--
                       PGP Key ID: 66 BC 3B CD
roland at rlenter.com                            6818 Madeline Court