[mythtv-users] DVB -> No PS Mode anymore :(

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Apr 1 18:55:11 UTC 2006

On Mar 31, 2006, at 03.51, Miles Frederick wrote:
> Sorry, I should have given more details.  In reply to an old thread
> back around November when the TS->PS was yanked from myth.  I am using
> just the decoder output of the pvr-350 to watch mpeg's which have been
> captured by the dvb-s.  Now that we are only able to capture in
> mpeg-ts format, the pvr-350 refuses to decode.
>
> I was just wondering if anyone has found a solution or workaround.
> Perhaps a user script to convert it after recording or such.

You could transcode everything with Myth 0.19's new lossless transcoding
option.  Its output is always MPEG-PS (even if starting from TS).  You
don't have to remove commercials with it, so you could even set Myth up
to automatically transcode all your recordings.  You'll also get the
added benefit that your recordings will take up less space (up to 20% less).

Mike