[mythtv-users] PVR-350 and mplayer/xine audio

Damian OHara damian at cognoscente.uk.com
Sat Apr 1 17:26:22 UTC 2006

Nearly there ...

Have all working except playback audio for avi/mpegs. Can watch/record
TV with audio and playing those back also has audio.

Anything recorded elsewhere and played back with either xine or mplayer
works for video but no audio. I connected some speakers to the soundcard
audio out (normally connected to the PVR-350 using the loopback audio
jack) and I hear the audio! So, I can listen to anything recorded with
myth on the TV over scart from the PVR-350, or anything else using
mplayer or xine over external speakers. Would like to get it all over scart.

Have tried toggling the "Use PVR-350 for audio" setting in mythfrontend
but no success. I assume this is a noob fault so I'm grateful for any
helpful push in the right direction.

Thanks,

Damian

Dell Dimension 2400