[mythtv-users] nuvexport slow transcode

Christopher M. Jones cjones at partialflow.com
Sat Apr 1 16:44:34 UTC 2006

Either way, it's ffmpeg that I'm using. And I have both ffmpeg and
transcode installed.

Here's a transcript of what I do with it:

Using ffmpeg for exporting.
What would you like to do?

  1. Export to XviD (disabled)
  2. Export to SVCD
  3. Export to VCD
  4. Export to DVCD (VCD with 48kHz audio for making DVDs)
  5. Export to DVD
  6. Export to DivX (disabled)
  7. Export to ASF (disabled)
  8. Export to MP3 (disabled)
  9. Export to PSP (disabled)
 10. Export to iPod (disabled)
 11. Export to .nuv and .sql

  q. Quit

Choose a function:  5

You have recorded the following shows:

  1. Cinematech: Nocturnal Emissions (1 episode)
  2. Deep Sea Detectives (1 episode)
  3. Doctor Who (3 episodes)
  4. Larva (1 episode)
  5. Seinfeld (1 episode)
  6. Signing Time! (1 episode)
  7. Star Trek: The Next Generation (4 episodes)
  8. The Man Show (1 episode)
  9. The Twilight Zone (18 episodes)
  10. Timecop (1 episode)

  q. Quit

Choose a show:  9

You have recorded the following episodes of The Twilight Zone:

   1. Cavender Is Coming (3/23, 01:30 AM) 480x480 MPEG2 (4:3)
      An angel (Jesse White) can earn his wings by helping a
down-on-her-luck
      woman (Carol Burnett).

<snip>

* Separate multiple episodes with spaces, ranges with '-', or * for all
shows.

  r. Return to shows menu
  q. Quit

Choose a function, or desired episode(s):  1

You have chosen to export 1 episode:

  1. The Twilight Zone:
     Cavender Is Coming (3/23, 01:30 AM) 480x480 MPEG2 (4:3)
     An angel (Jesse White) can earn his wings by helping a
down-on-her-luck
     woman (Carol Burnett).

* Separate multiple episodes with spaces, or ranges with '-'

  c. Continue
  n. Choose another show
  q. Quit

Choose a function, or episode(s) to remove:  c
Where would you like to export the files to? [.]
Enable Myth cutlist? [Yes]
Enable noise reduction (slower, but better results)? [Yes]
Enable deinterlacing? [Yes]
Crop broadcast overscan (2% border)? [Yes]
Audio bitrate? [384]
Maximum video bitrate for VBR? [6000]
VBR quality/quantisation (1-31)? [5]

Now encoding:  The Twilight Zone:  Cavender Is Coming
Encode started:  Sat Apr  1 11:42:42 2006
Waiting for mythtranscode to set up the fifos.
Waiting for mythtranscode to set up the fifos.
Waiting for mythtranscode to set up the fifos.
Waiting for mythtranscode to set up the fifos.
Starting ffmpeg.
processed:  0 of 53790 frames (0.00%),   0.00 fps

cjones at copernicus:/media/disk/video$