[mythtv-users] MythWeb cookie very short-lived

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Sat Apr 1 14:58:19 UTC 2006

HI!

Chris Petersen wrote:
>> Hmm, in previous versions of MythWeb, I lost my settings every few
>> weeks, despite the fact, that I visit MythWeb several times per week.
>>
>> Is it possible, that the cookie expire date wasn't refreshed on visit
>> prior to 0.19?
>
> It's unlikely, but possible.  Could also be that the session files were
> getting wiped by something.  If after this change you still notice the
> session info going away too quickly, please submit a bug and I'll bump
> up the expiration and data-wipe timeouts.

I've just made a test, after adding the "* 24".

I changed MythWeb settings at 16:40 and the cookie expiration date for
"mythweb_id" at "/" was "2006-05-01 16:40:05", as expected.

Then I closed the browser, waited 3 minutes, opened the browser, went to
MythWeb and "Upcoming recordings".

Looking at the same cookie as before, it still has the same expiration
date and time. So date/time wasn't refreshed by simply surfing MythWeb.

Then I changed my settings again and still the date and time of the
cookie did not change.

This is the behavior, I observed under 0.18, too.

So, it is not a matter of bumping up the timeouts, but of refreshing the
date and time on each visit.

I am using Firefox 1.5 under Linux and my MythWeb is at
"http://192.168.0.7:81/mythweb/" on another computer.

Thomas