[mythtv-users] Disgusted...

john sturgeon john.sturgeon at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 14:48:17 UTC 2006

On 4/1/06, William <wmunson at rochester.rr.com> wrote:
> > I really had wanted to use this thing to record some programs
> > while I was out of town next week.  Guess not.  Doubt that I
> > have the time to get the right 'magic' solution to get an
> > honest start for mythbackend.
> >
> > <end complaint>
>
> I understand your frustration. You are very close. You have somehow gotten
> your database screwed up. I would suggest that you drop the database and
> create a fresh one from the file provided with the mythtv distro. Take a
> look at the mythtv.org installation instructions for details on how to
> correctly install the database on mySQL.
>
> Once thats taken care of, simply configure your video devices and download
> your program guide data again and you should be ready to rock.

It sounds like it's possible that something altered your channels
table after you initiall set it up.  You should make sure that you
have the correct channel lineup selected from zap2it.  Perhaps
re-scanning your channels then re-running mythfilldatabase and make
sure everything stays  the same.

 Good Luck

 --
 John Sturgeon <><