[mythtv-users] EIT & tv_grab_fi problem

Mika Saari mika.saari at wipsl.com
Sat Apr 1 14:14:34 UTC 2006

Hello,

	Thanks a lot for Osmo for pointing out the -v eit debug option.

I added

fprintf(stderr,"serviceid=%d networkid=%d transportid=%d sourceid=%d",
event.ServiceID, event.NetworkID, event.TransportID, sourceid);

to eithelper.cpp  row 188 and then started the backend with -v eit and
checked the variable values the sql select is using. Then browsed the
SQL database and found that the networkid in dtv_multiplex isn't at all
what the eithelper is looking for. So dropped the whole database,
created new mythconverg database with mc.sql and then browsed the
channels again with specific frequencies (63400000 and 71400000 for me).
Those two were added to the dtv_multiplex and then I just used command
"update dtv_multiplex set networkid=8438" in SQL, that 8438 is what the
eithelper.cpp was trying to search to be networkid value. Big hack, I do
not know what that networkid is for, but now the EIT is working.

  Thanks a lot for Osmo and Otto for really good tips !

  -Mika