[mythtv-users] RAID BTDT's

Michael Heironimus mkh01 at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 1 08:57:44 UTC 2006

On Fri, Mar 31, 2006 at 11:34:00AM -0700, Clayton Huml wrote:
> Any BTDT's on hardware raid on Linux?  I am looking at building separate box
> on linux with a SATA II raid setup with WD3200KS 320GB/16MB cache drives on
> a Highpoint RocketRaid 2224.

That's not a hardware RAID controller. It's just a proprietary software
RAID with a BIOS that can boot the "array". You'd probably be better off
using it as an ordinary SATA controller with a generic Linux software
RAID volume across the drives. Or spend a little more money and get a
card that does real hardware RAID.

--
Michael Heironimus