[mythtv-users] Disgusted...

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Sat Apr 1 08:03:00 UTC 2006

<Start Complaint>

OK, I actually had MythTV up and running for 2-3 days.
Recording, Playback, whatever.
It takes some getting used to the interface (which I think could be a LOT
more obvious to use, but...

It wasnt clear WHAT I did to get it working, Ill suggest the phase of the
moon, as at one point it wouldnt work, and then it would.

But, after a couple of days I needed to stop mythbackend.
Bad Idea.
Now when it starts up it gives errors in its startup messages, viz

    Channel: ' ' not found in database...

And complaints about channels that are definately NOT set in
mythtv-setup as the start channel for any of the three cards in the
system.

And at the point where I am leaving mythtv-setup, I get error messages
about how

    Card 0 (type) is set to start onchannel 2_1,which does not exist

Now there are two things wrong with that message,
    (1) No card is set to start on channel 2_1.
    (2) Channel 2_1 DOES exist.

Im not sure if these are code problems, or database problems, but I
remember going thru the same things a year ago when I tried to get
MythTV up and running.

It just doesnt seem that anything has changed.

Trying to work with code that doesnt behave consistantly is a real pain.

Grump.

I really had wanted to use this thing to record some programs while
I was out of town next week.  Guess not.  Doubt that I have the time
to get the right 'magic' solution to get an honest start for mythbackend.

<end complaint>

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com