[mythtv-users] DVB-C, HDTV and UPC cable-networks

Heinz Bernhard Bernhard.Heinz.iel02 at fh-joanneum.at
Sat Apr 1 08:07:03 UTC 2006

Hiyas!

I'm a total newbie and at the moment trying to layout a mythtv-boy for my new flat. Since I've already got a UPC cable-connection there, I've been thinking about DVB-C. UPC is offering analog and digital TV via the cable, so DVB-C *should* work. Has anybody any expierience with the UPC-network and DVB-C receivers?

Since HDTV is also broadcasted via cable, I'd also want a tuner-card, which can process HDTV. Does anybody know DVB-C tuner-cards, which work with MythTV, UPC and are HDTV-ready? At best, it would have two tuners. I heard about two cards from Hauppage (WinTV-NEXUS-CA and WinTV-DVB-C). Do they work for my purpose? Any other suggestions?

Thank you for helping me

Bernhard Heinz