[mythtv-users] XvMC Wrapper not being recognized?

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 07:20:45 UTC 2006

Hello there fellow Mythers!

I'm working up a new frontend and have been hitting large snags along
the way.  The current snag is getting XvMC working with MythTV.  Let
me start off with my hardware:
Biostar Socket 478 with onboard Via P4M800CE chipset output over VGA
CeleronD 310 (~2.2Ghz I think)
512MB Ram
Network boot (no Hard Drive)

Ok, so I'm trying to get XvMC working for the High Def playback as the
system is too underpowered (on purpose as I planned on using XvMC for
High Def) for HD mpeg2 playback (I have no problem using Xv to
playback mpeg4 720x480 content).  I've finally gotten the Openchrome
drivers working, and they claim to enable XvMC (in my
/var/log/Xorg.0.log it agrees).  So I've got:
/usr/local/lib/libviaXvMCPro.so AND libviaXvMC.so
My understanding is that I should be using the Pro as this chipset is
a UnichromePro chipset.  Either way, whichever lib I plug into
/etc/X11/XvMCConfig When I fire up myth I get an error message from
XvMC Wrapper saying it cannot load libviaXvMC.so.1 (which I don't even
have in the Wrapper XvMCConfig file).  So it would seem like it's a
hard linked library, even though I thought the whole idea behind the
Wrapper was to not have hard links.

In the end, I really don't care how I get XvMC working on MythTV, I
just am hoping to get it working *at all*.

I'm running gentoo, Xorg-7, and have compiled DRM and Openchrome by
hand and placed them in their /usr/local equivilents.

Thanks for any ideas!

Chad