[mythtv-users] Frontend / backend setup recommendations

Kevin Barsby kevin.barsby at hummingbird-it.com
Fri Sep 30 22:37:59 UTC 2005

Hi,

My Myth box cooked it's disk earlier this week, and I've been pondering
the best wat to setup a backend / frontend system.

The two options I'm considering are:
- Frontend only + backend on separate PC
- Frontend + Backend on 1 machine with networked storage on second
machine

The main reason for considering the second machine as a storage only
box, is I'd like to have it dual booting (for the occasional Windows
based game), I could potentially then move the networked storage to a
dedicated network device (Iomega sell a 250GB model I believe).

Anyone tried anything similar?

Thanks
Kev