[mythtv-users] Another Harmony question

Nathan Hesson nhesson at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 20:52:29 UTC 2005

I have a Harmony 659 remote and I had a heck of a time trying to configure
it with their website. I have my mythbox hooked up directly to my tv, no
receiver, no amp/preamp. What I have found is that with MythTV everything is
already presented as a single interface. The only things you could do with
the harmony are setup jumppoints and have it go mythVideo when watch a movie
is pressed, etc... What I ended up doing was picking a remote that was on
the same frequency as my Hauppauge receiver (PVR-350), setup lirc to control
myth, and then put the functions on the remote. Aside from the jumppoints
and the ability to program macros, I really don't think the remote is
designed to work with an all-in-one system.
Nathan