[mythtv-users] lcdproc not responding

tgate tgate at mypublic.net
Fri Sep 30 15:16:49 UTC 2005

On Sep 30, 2005, at 12:43 AM, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:

> Is LCDd running - what does  "ps -ef | grep -i lcd" show?
> If not, try running it on the command line. You should get a message
> on the screen. I  think you need to get at least this far before
> worrying about myth.
>
> The daemon ought to get started by "/etc/init.d/LCDd start"

Hmm.  I get nothing with the ps line.

Further, and I don't remember this before, I'm getting this error
when I try to run LCDd

HD44780_init: Unknown connection type: Winamp
Driver load failed, return code < 0
Could not load driver hd44780
There is no output driver
Critical error: main.c:238, abort

I've tried various caps/lower-case combinations of HD to no avail.

Strangely a "find /usr | grep hd44780" turns up nothing.  Where is
the driver kept?