[mythtv-users] Another Harmony question

Andrew Golden andrew at 7921inc.com
Fri Sep 30 07:06:53 UTC 2005

When I set up my harmony remote (880 if it makes a difference) the website
offers several places I could see adding a Myth box. I have added a Myth
device as a Video Recorder, then at the next screen chose PVR, then chose
MythTV as the manufacturer. In the model box I have simply put in 0.18.1. I
confirm the info is correct and say that I don't have another remote. The
next screen is takes me to has the heading of "Similar models:" and lists
the following:

MythTV DCT6200/1000

MythTV 909

MythTV KnoppMyth

MythTV MythTV

MythTV PVR250

I can assume that the PVR250 entry is for users of the included PVR 250 IR
receiver. Does anyone know the difference between the others (with the
exception of KnoppMyth as I am using Jarod's guide and FC4). I am using a
Comcast DCT6200 and Myth has no problem changing the channels on it, but is
there some way the the cable box can communicate IR commands to Myth via
firewire or something? What am I missing in looking at all of these
different choices? How are the DCT6200, 909 and MythTV entries different?