[mythtv-users] RF/IR Remote options

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Fri Sep 30 05:25:34 UTC 2005

My new MythTV frontend is using an ATI based motherboard with FC4.
Previously with Redhat 9 I had no issues with my Streamzap USB IR
receiver working with my One-4-All universal remote but under FC4, this
combination leads to lockups.  I also have a mini RF wireless keyboard
that works great.

If anyone has some suggestions on the lockup issue when using my remote
with my Streamzap reciever, please let me know.  Otherwise...

Does anyone have suggestions on a good remote/receiver combination
(either IR, RF or both) that could work to interface with MythTV and
still control my other devices as I have enjoyed with my previous
setup?  I'd rather not have seperate remotes for the different
components.  I've heard people have had good luck with the Microsoft MCE
remote and receiver but I'm not sure of its ability to control other
devices.  The Logitech Harmony sure has potential but it is way out of
my price range for this interface.

If I could just buy an IR receiver somewhere, that would work great as
well since I'm already very happy with my One-4-All universal remote.

Thanks,
Kevin