[mythtv-users] lcdproc not responding

tgate tgate at mypublic.net
Fri Sep 30 01:31:45 UTC 2005

I know a while back there was some discussion about getting lcdproc
to work.  I've picked through the old threads but none of them seem
to solve my problem.  I'm hoping that, if I post my details,
something might seem obvious to someone.

motherboard: MSI Neo4
proc:            AMD Athelon AMD Anthlon 3000
case:             Ahanix D5
running:        2.6.12-1.1456_FC4
VFD:             parallel - samsung hd
configure:    ./configure --enable-drivers=curses,hd44780 -prefix=/
usr   (/usr is where myth is not /usr/local)
version:        lcdproc-0.4.5

when I ran "make install" as root /dev/lcd was not created so I
created it myself:
   mknod /dev/lcd c 77 0

coppied LCDd.conf to /etc
user is set to mythtv
driver is set to hd44780

Neither does the VFD wake up nor anything write to the screen.

I don't seem to have anything in /etc/init.d/ which looks like it
belongs to lcdproc should I?

Any Ideas for what I could try?

-todd