[mythtv-users] OT: Dead(?) vertical line on LCD

Patrick Ouellette pat at flying-gecko.net
Thu Sep 29 20:32:21 UTC 2005

On Thu, Sep 29, 2005 at 02:14:52AM -0400, Dewey Smolka wrote:

> It also seems that the vertical line I am struggling with is in the
> same place as the overlap between the normal broadcast signal and the
> echo. This made me think maybe the crappy  TV signal had burned in the
> line (although as I understand it, LCDs are not subject to burn-in,
> and certainly not after only a few hours).
>
> Also the pixels aren't really dead -- they show color, just a
> different color than the pixels to the right and left. When that part
> of the screen is certain colors (green, red, black), there is no
> noticable problem, but when that bit is blue (other than default),
> white, or other lilght color,  the line is clearly visible.

Sounds to me like a column driver problem with the blue sub-pixel.
I bet the column stays on constantly, and you don't notice it depending
on the colors around it.

In any event - return it for warranty service ASAP

Patrick Ouellette                 pat at flying-gecko.net
kb8pym at arrl.net                   Amateur Radio: KB8PYM
Living life to a Jimmy Buffett soundtrack
"Crank the amp to 11, this needs more cowbell - and a llama wouldn't hurt either"