[mythtv-users] Mythburn confusion, how do I install it on gentoo?

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Thu Sep 29 17:59:32 UTC 2005

Paul V. Gratz wrote:
> Hey all,
>    I'm totally confused by the various emails, the howto's and forum threads.
> Is it possible to install mythtvburn on a gentoo platform? The install
> scripts seem to have been written for a debian variant (I guess Knoppmyth?) I
> have seen a couple posts though from people running gentoo that claim to have
> it running.  Did you hand hack the scripts or is there a howto or
> documentation for it that is usable somewhere?  Also what is the true
> location to dl it from? Sorry to be so dense.
> Thanks a ton!
> Paul

Yes, it installs on Gentoo. I have it running. Mythweb is a prerequisite.
HOWEVER, my version of transcode segfaults when mythburn tries to create
thumbnail images, so I'm really not sure if you can get it 100% working.

This isn't a mythburn problem though. It's a transcode problem.

--
Jesse Guardiani
Programmer/Sys Admin
jesse at wingnet.net