[mythtv-users] mythplugins won't compile

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Thu Sep 29 17:08:03 UTC 2005

On Thursday 29 September 2005 10:52, mstrimel at comcast.net wrote:
> hello,
> I have compiled/installed mythtv base 0.18.1 on my Ubuntu 5.04 system
> and it
> runs fine.  A few weeks later I am trying to compile mythplugins;
> qmake works
> fine but make fails [error shown below.]  I have rechecked that my
> environment
> variables $PATH and $QTDIR are set as described in the howto.  I have
> also run
> the errors through google and this mailing list, but found nothing.
> What am I
> doing wrong? something basic I'm sure.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions!
>
> main.cpp:15:26: kapplication.h: No such file or directory
> main.cpp:16:26: kcmdlineargs.h: No such file or directory
> main.cpp:17:21: klocale.h: No such file or directory
> In file included from tabview.h:4,
>                  from main.cpp:18:
> webpage.h:6:26: kapplication.h: No such file or directory
> webpage.h:7:25: kmainwindow.h: No such file or directory
> webpage.h:8:18: kurl.h: No such file or directory
> webpage.h:9:37: kparts/browserextension.h: No such file or directory

Looks like it's trying to build mythbrowser, but you don't have the KDE
development packages installed.  The configure script for mythplugins
*should* have automatically detected that and disabled the building of
mythbrowser; did you explicitly enable it perhaps?  If not, try
re-running the configure script like so:

	cd mythplugins
	./configure --disable-mythbrowser

Then try building the plugins.

-JAC