[mythtv-users] mythplugins won't compile

R. Geoffrey Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Thu Sep 29 17:17:11 UTC 2005

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 14:52:51 +0000, mstrimel at comcast.net wrote:

>hello,
>I have compiled/installed mythtv base 0.18.1 on my Ubuntu 5.04 system and it
>runs fine.  A few weeks later I am trying to compile mythplugins; qmake works
>fine but make fails [error shown below.]  I have rechecked that my environment
>variables $PATH and $QTDIR are set as described in the howto.  I have also run
>the errors through google and this mailing list, but found nothing.  What am I
>doing wrong? something basic I'm sure.
>
>Thanks for any suggestions!
>
>main.cpp:15:26: kapplication.h: No such file or directory

I got bitten by a trivial error in my setup:  $QTDIR had a trailing '/'.
Instead of /usr/lib/qt3 it was /usr/lib/qt3/   which was enough to
completely mess up a build..

Geoff

R. Geoffrey Newbury                          newbury at mandamus.org
Barrister and Solicitor                         Telephone: 905-271-9600
Mississauga,Ontario, Canada              Facsimile:   905-271-1638