[mythtv-users] MythWeb Disc Usage calculation

Ryan Steffes rbsteffes at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 14:30:57 UTC 2005

On 9/24/05, Todd Houle <thoule at wesleyan.edu> wrote:

> I was going to pull out my 80GB drive and put in a 180 that I have
> it. I don't (yet) care about losing my recorded shows so I thought
> I'd delete the recorded shows in Myth, then swap the drives. I found
> that once I deleted the recorded shows in Myth, I still had about
> 20GB of video still in the Myth directory! They looked like shows I
> thought I deleted.. Sure enough, Myth said they were gone, but there
> they were...
>
> Is there a known problem where Myth doesn't delete what it thinks it
> does? That would account for lost disk space.
> -t-
>

> > > I started out with 150GB of disk space, but I recently increased
> > that to
> > > 300GB. Problem is, the machine information under mythweb is
> > still reporting
> > > the old disk limit (150), not the new limit (300). I looked
> > throught the
> > > mysql database but was unable to find anything that suggests this
> > number is
> > > stored in the DB.

There are occasional problems with that, probably due to some sort of race
condition when you delete files quickly. I've got an old script I snagged
from someone that will help find those files:

#!/bin/sh
for i in `mysql -u mythtv --password=mythtv mythconverg -e \
'select chanid, starttime, endtime from recorded' |
perl -wne 'next if $. == 1; s/|//g; s/-//g; s/://g; @_ = split;
`ls *.nuv`;
do echo $i; done | sort | uniq -u | xargs du -sh | grep nuv$

It'll print a list of nuv files in the directory that aren't in the
database.