[mythtv-users] Converting master to slave

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Thu Sep 29 13:51:18 UTC 2005

Greg Woods wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-09-28 at 18:42 -0400, Tom Lichti wrote:
>

>> Well, that didn't fix anything. I still only have access to the two
>> local tuners. Do you have to change anything on the master to enable slaves?
>>

> This still sounds like a database problem. I say that because I spent
> quite a bit of time tearing my hair out over a similar problem and
> that's what it turned out to be in my case. Have you tried looking
> directly at the capturecard table in the database to make sure all your
> tuners are really in there?
>
> Try something like this (on the master backend):
>
> $ mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg
> mysql> select * from capturecard;
>
> Does this show all the tuners from both master and slave?

mysql> select cardid,videodevice,audiodevice,cardtype,hostname from
capturecard;
+--------+-------------+-------------+----------+--------------+
| cardid | videodevice | audiodevice | cardtype | hostname     |
+--------+-------------+-------------+----------+--------------+
|      1 | /dev/video0 | NULL        | MPEG     | mythtv       |
|      2 | /dev/video1 | NULL        | MPEG     | mythtv       |
|      3 | /dev/video0 | NULL        | MPEG     | computerroom |
|      4 | /dev/video1 | NULL        | MPEG     | computerroom |
4 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Yep. However, I think I see the problem. It lists the hostname, but not
the IP, and the name I used is not in the /etc/hosts file. I'll add it
and see if that helps.

Tom