[mythtv-users] mythlib and qvaluevector et all

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Thu Sep 29 12:59:02 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 28 September 2005 19:37, tgate wrote:

> On Sep 28, 2005, at 2:27 PM, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:
>
> > Myth has not been ported to Qt > 4.0 yet.  Downgrade to Qt 3.3.x.
>
> Maybe there's something I don't understand.  I went to
> www.trolltech.com to get Qt so that I could use qmake.
> As far as I know they only offer 4.0.1

4.x (i.e., 4.0.1) is the new, bleeding-edge Qt release.  It's not
source-compatible with the 3.x line.  The latest release in the 3.x
line is 3.3.5.

> yum tells me I have this installed:
> qt.i386                                  1:3.3.4-15.4
> installed

Okay, so you have Qt 3.3.4 installed, which should be fine.  What made
you think you have 4.0.1?

Anyway, what you're probably missing then is the corresponding qt-devel
package, which contains all the source and header files needed to
compile software that uses Qt.

> What is the difference between Qt ad qt?

No difference; it's just package naming convention.

> And do I need to find a
> version of Trolltech Qt3.3.x?

Nope; just grab the qt-devel package for your distro.

-JAC