[mythtv-users] Slighty OT: Pundit PSU about to die.

Sean Healy schealy at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 14:57:57 UTC 2005

On 9/27/05, Garry Gibson <garry.gibson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Has anyone had any luck replacing the Pundit PSU fan? I've seen some posts
> where an external PSU has been used but I'd rather keep things inside the
> case.

On recommendation from a friend, I pulled out the fan on my Pundit and put a
few drops of oil in for a dry bearing that was causing vibrations. (peel
back the fan label to reveal the end of the shaft, where the oil goes.) It's
been working fine for over a month now.

Since then, I also ordered a new PSU just in case. I figured it would be
safer to have a second power supply. The fans are difficult to find (slimmer
than a regular PSU fan), so I appreciated reading the comments from others
who have found suitable replacements.

Good luck!
Sean.