[mythtv-users] Australian Digital TV Cards

Philip Nelson phatfil at optusnet.com.au
Wed Sep 28 08:49:52 UTC 2005

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 18:07, Hurgh wrote:

>1) What card they are using
I'm using 2 twinhan visionplus dvb-t cards. They work fine. I got them from
www.msy.com.au (possibly the worst site on the net. just get the parts list
from http://www.msy.com.au/Parts/PARTS.pdf - $90 now I think). Don't be put
off by the dodgy site, I've bought plenty of stuff from them and they're
fine.

> 2) if you were building it again, would you opt for the same card or go for
> a different one.
I'd go for this one again, mainly because I'm cheap and it works fine.

> I have thought about it, but dont know if enough of the shows i want to
> record will be in HD.
It's *well* worth it - dvb SD programs are still _excellent_ quality (btw
these cards do HD fine with myth as long as reception is good enough). I
could never go back to analogue now, dvb is just too good.

Phil