[mythtv-users] Audio encoding on Plextor ConvertX 402U

Dave Pippenger riven at particle-man.com
Wed Sep 28 05:23:16 UTC 2005

I picked up one of these to be a second tuner and I am quite happy with
the results. The problem I have is I am unsure how to turn the raw
PCM that this device generates into a compressed audio format. It's a bit
silly to have 50% of my video file size being raw PCM kinda rains on my
mpeg4 parade.  I can do the re-coding manually of course, but I'm
wondering if there is a way to convince the builtin transcoder to just
encode the audio and not mess with the video.

Dave Pippenger