[mythtv-users] Re: Funny problem with alsa and AC3 passthrough/rate conversion

mrmagoo mrmag00p at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 02:19:48 UTC 2005

    I was experimenting with the dmix plugin and didn't realise what I
was doing and played an mp3 after I had started playing a DD5.1
recording and got a sound I'd describe similar to that.  It looks like
the settings you were messing with would have enabled/disabled the
dmix plugin particularly, could this have been the case?
    I don't understand how ALSA works and why it can't do conversion
by default, and I'm pretty sure I was doing something wrong but I
could never get dmix to work the way I wanted it to.