[mythtv-users] help with migrating from Mandrake 10.0 to Gentoo

Kevin Saenz ksaenz at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 00:39:23 UTC 2005

> As far as your device information is concerned, that may be a symlink,
> go to /dev and do an ls -al /dev/dvb.adapter0.frontend0 it may tell
> you if it is pointing to another device entry.

the problem was that when i ran a ls -la in /dev

dvb.adapter0.frontend0 was a dev file, it wasn't a symlink. also there was
no /dev/dvb directory this really
scared me. I could see the delay taking ages, with my wife and kids nagging
me for their DVDs, Movies,
and favorite shows to come back on line.